Cartoon caption contest:
1. Do-it-yourself homebuyers, have you encountered this situation during your house hunt, particularly just before you make an offer?
2. Home sellers, have designated dual agency clauses been included in your listing contract?
3. How did agents explain or justify their request for you to sign their designated dual agency policy?
4. Did they say there would be a financial benefit to you as a home buyer or seller?
5. Did they give you the option to be referred to someone outside their office who could represent you without a conflict of interest?
6. Have you seen new advertisements by some of those same companies promoting their “trusted agents”?
What’s wrong with this picture?